Choosing a spine surgeon to get an opinion or to get an operation performed, particularly for a loved one is a difficult task. Here are some tips.
- The Best spine surgeon must have the time to explain the problem, outline the proposed plan of treatment. If he is busy at that particular moment seek a time when he is more free. You must not be intimidated but you must be comfortable and at ease when talking to the doctor.
- There can be more than one option of treatment for a problem. Ask the doctor what is his preferred option and why.
- The surgeon must specialise in spine surgery.
- Do not hesitate to clarify doubts from the doctor.
- Where does the doctor practice? OPD consultations can be anywhere, but a spine operation is a major procedure and should be done in centres where facilities are available.
- If in doubt do not hesitate to take a second opinion.
- Select your doctor through word of mouth recommendation.
- You may want to talk to a patient or patients who have had a similar spine surgery to understand how the experience was for them.
- Do not hesitate to discuss complications. Doctors are not gods and complications can occur.
All the above points should be taken care in all the fields of medicine not just in spine cases. Dr. H N Bajaj who practises at MEDHARBOUR FAMILY CLINIC IN Gurgaon sector 45 is one of the best spine surgeon with an experience of more than 30 years is such a doctor. You can take an appointment with the spine doctor at www.medharbour.clinic or call +91-9650030500.