Residential Care at Medharbour
As people grow old , they face some difficulty with mobility, brain’s active functioning , muscle stiffness and bone rigidity. Their homes may not be fully equipped and family members either unavailable or inexperienced for the care they need . In this crucial situation, residential care comes to the rescue. Medharbour in Gurgaon has an infrastructure dedicated to care of the elderly with enthusiastic helping staff who will make sure you feel like home , specialised Physiotherapists and geriatric experts who will cater every exercise and effort you need.
Levels of care
Residential care is a long term care provided to adults ( children too greater than 12 years of age ) who reside in a setting other than their homes.
Based upon independence, there are 2 levels of care :
- Total care : total care is a situation when an adult is completely dependent upon others to meet their everyday needs . Right from toileting to having meals , they need assistance.
- Self care : self care adults do not need help for a tad bit of work . They may need assistance with one or two tasks that they aren’t able to do on their own .
Assistance provided to patients in residential care / residential care activities
There is a wide range of services offered by the residential care unit at Medharbour.
The list of which is mentioned below ( not exhaustive) :
- Help in walking
- Guide in activities
- Changing catheters
- Dressing wounds
- Cleaning private parts
- Nursing (if need be)
During personal care and throughout the day,staff at Medharbour looks out for signs of restlessness and reports concerns to the management.
In no way you should feel that your health is compromised.Your health and well being is always our priority.
Different levels of care in elderly
The level of care varies depending upon the intensity of care needed by the patient.
It’s broadly classified into 6 levels :
- In home care :In this case, somebody ( friend , relative ,nurse ) visits the house and assists the elderly in everyday activities. This care is best for people who don’t want to exit their abode .
- Short term respite care :Respite care is flexible and can be arranged as and when needed.You can schedule respite care a day or for several days in a week.This can be provided at home , residential care or hospitals.
- Independent living: independent living requires zero to minimal care and is usually needed for mid aged people who want to socialise or make the best out of their service.
- Assisted living: This kind of care is best for people who need some assistance in everyday tasks.
- Memory care: patients who need memory care are usually the ones suffering from mental ailments such as Dementia and Alzheimer’s. Activities in this case are planned well in advance and it’s made sure well being of the patient is achieved .
- Skilled nursing home care:Nursing home care is meant for patients who require support beyond their routine activities. Seniors who require nursing home care may be hospitalised or are fighting serious medical conditions that require constant monitoring.
Determine the level of care your patient needs
Major factors contributing to the need of residential care and the level of care required by the patient are listed here under :
- Memory power or mental status
- Medical condition
- Social needs
- At home care
- Mobility level
- Medical assistance
- Dietary requirements
- Degree of need
Patients who may need residential care
Almost all adults , despite their health conditions, need some sort of assistance. But people engrossed with certain medical conditions shouldn’t think twice in shifting to a residential care wing . Anybody suffering from mental health such as Alzheimer’s or Dementia ,chronic Kidney disease , chronic lower respiratory disease,bowel or bladder problems ,injury ,obesity , pressure sores or ulcers , severe pain in joints as in arthritis or gout , certain autoimmune diseases etc .
Role of Medharbour in Residential Care
Medharbour with respect to residential care is truly dedicated . We understand your needs as an elderly,be it physical reason , security purpose or emotional requirements . We have tailored programs for each and everyone that will make you feel incredibly amazing with fellow residents. Medharbour,the residential care near you understands the desire of care , love , warmth and compassion!
- Shoulder Elbow Wrist
- Knee & Hip
- Foot & Ankle
- Sports Injuries
- Pain Management
- Neuro Rehab
- Interventional Neurology
- Residential Care
- Breast Rehab
- Cardiovascular Treatments
- Geriatric Rehab
- General Medicine
- Diabetes Care
- Pulmonary Rehab
- Shoulder Elbow Wrist
- Ayurveda & Naturopathy
- Cancer Care
- Plastic Surgeries
- Dental Care
- Hair Transplant
- Wellness Fitness