Neuro Rehabilitation centre in Gurgaon – an understanding
Neuro Rehabilitation is a doctor supervised program that aims to improve the quality of everyday life of anybody suffering from injury , disease or disorder of the nervous system. Neuro Rehabilitation succeeds in team spirit . Profound doctors from diverse fields come together to draft a program that caters to the needs of the patient . At Medharbour,the specialists who participate are inclusive of:
- Physiatrist or neuro Rehabilitation medicine specialist
- Neuro psychiatrist
- Occupational therapist
- Respiratory therapists
- Prosthetist and Orthotist,
- Rehabilitation nurse,
- Vocational counsellor and more.
Role of doctors in preparing a programme that best suits the patient and his family.
Physiatrists are doctors specialising in physical medicine and rehabilitation.They usually head this department.
Neuropsychologists look out for cognitive and behavioural issues related to brain injury, stroke or other illnesses. They may recommend cognitive therapy, stress reduction techniques or other treatments.
Physical therapists are physiotherapists who help treat patients in pain,loss of strength, limited range of motion, imbalance or lack of coordination. Their target is to restore and maintain mobility.
Occupational therapists assess day to day activities such as eating, dressing, toileting and bathing. They focus on the independence of the patient.
Speech-language pathologists treat patients who have problems with speech and thinking skills. These problems are commonly observed among those who have had a stroke, brain injury or other problems in the nervous system. They also work closely with patients having difficulty in swallowing.
Therapeutic Recreation Specialists help patients pursue their hobbies or cater them to develop new interests.They provide resources for support and for community involvement that a patient can continue until they leave the hospital .
Basic principles of Neuro Rehabilitation
The World Health Organization (WHO)laid down the basic principles of Neuro Rehab in 1980 with patients suffering from IMPAIRMENT, DISABILITY and HANDICAP . Following are the key principle :
- Promote Adaptation.
- Emphasise Abilities.
- Treat the Whole Person.
People Centred Care.
What are the types of neurological rehabilitation?
Various types of neurological rehabilitation are-physiotherapy, occupational therapy, rehabilitation psychology, speech and swallow therapy, vision therapy, language therapy, and therapies focused on daily function and community re-integration. Extra emphasis is laid on an individual’s mobility as it’s the nucleus of rehabilitation.
Technology in neuro Rehabilitation
Modern rehabilitation should follow a “3T” approach. This means Treatment – Technology – Translationality.
Following technology is used in present day neuro rehabilitation centres :
- Robotic devices :Robots for neurorehabilitation are designed to support physical exercises to the upper and lower extremities, with the purpose of promoting neuro-motor recovery.
- Non Invasive Brain simulation: NIBS techniques involve modulation of the central nervous system (CNS)by electrically activating neurons in the brain and are used to influence cortical excitability, neuroplasticity, and behaviour . Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation and transcranial current stimulation are vivaciously used techniques.
- Neural interfaces:A neural interface is essentially a system mediating the communication between the brain and an external device .
- Exoskeletons: Portable exoskeletons have become a revolutionary device for gait rehabilitation.Exoskeletons are “wearable” systems that consist of a mechanical structure, electric motors, sensors, a computer and batteries.
- Virtual Reality : virtual reality is a renowned tool that can assess virtual scenarios that can be used for motor rehabilitation.
Medharbour is the best centre for neuro rehabilitation with specialised doctors in respective fields who come together to give you the best possible treatment.
If you want to improve mobility and undergo therapy to cater your needs with experienced and equipped staff, Choose Medharbour today !
- Shoulder Elbow Wrist
- Knee & Hip
- Foot & Ankle
- Sports Injuries
- Pain Management
- Neuro Rehab
- Interventional Neurology
- Residential Care
- Breast Rehab
- Cardiovascular Treatments
- Geriatric Rehab
- General Medicine
- Diabetes Care
- Pulmonary Rehab
- Shoulder Elbow Wrist
- Ayurveda & Naturopathy
- Cancer Care
- Plastic Surgeries
- Dental Care
- Hair Transplant
- Wellness Fitness