Medharbour Residential care provides accommodation, meals, entertainment, activities, and personal care, for those who are finding it difficult to recover and cope at home, or who need more help than their carers are able to provide. We do not generally provide nursing care for medical conditions but mainly do cater to people living with acute & chronic injuries, spinal disorders, neurological issues, and post-surgical recovery. We also support patients who need help with the administration of medicines by well-trained team members, who will liaise with external health care professionals, such as Doctors & Surgeons.
As a patient, outpatient or inpatient of ours, we’ll provide you with an intensive treatment program to bolster your recovery, giving you the greatest opportunity to reach your goals.
What is Residential Rehabilitation at Medharbour?
When you say 'private rehab' or 'rehab centre' or 'rehab clinic', many people think of services for people who are struggling with addictions and need 'drug rehab', 'detox', or addiction treatment. At Medharbour, our private rehab services are for patients who are recovering from any illness, surgery, or injury. This could be after a joint replacement, spine surgeries, recovery from COVID-19, from a sporting injury, heart attack, heart conditions, stroke, neurological conditions, or other conditions. Please take some time to look around our website for details of our cure pathways for rehabilitation services and treatment areas.
Personalised Treatment Plan
At Medharbour, our team will devise an individual treatment plan for you, including up to three hours of personal therapy a day. Having visited you (or talked with you on the phone), we’ll draw up a comprehensive plan for your rehabilitation. This will be tailored specifically to you and based on your requirements and what the best possible treatment and rehabilitation therapy would be for you. We offer state-of-the-art equipment, ample therapy space, and care from a highly experienced team of therapists who are led by a rehabilitation consultant. Your treatment plan is adjusted every day based on how you’re progressing. We measure your progress daily and can adapt the treatment plan as required. We know that everyone is different and so we’ll make sure that your treatment plan is:
- Tailored just for you
- Based on up-to-date best practice knowledge
- Reviewed daily to ensure you’re making the progress you should be
How long will my rehabilitation last?
We offer a variety of treatments, from sports physiotherapy to Naturopathy to gait analysis. The duration of your rehabilitation stay will depend on the nature and severity of your problem.
What to expect on your first visit?
The first thing you notice when you stop through the door at our specialist rehabilitation centre in Gurugram is its light and airy space, and our welcoming staff. We want you to be assured of high-quality care and healthcare services even before you visit. Our therapy suite includes state-of-the-art equipment and high-quality care to help you on your rehabilitation journey.
If you need to stay as an inpatient, how long you stay is completely up to you, but we'll make some recommendations depending on your needs. Whatever you choose, our rehabilitation service can help in your onward journey too. We have dedicated healthcare staff who will work together with you throughout the rehabilitation process to ensure that you have a smooth transition back into your home and organise any ongoing support you may need. Enjoy more home comforts when you stay with us for residential treatment in our private hospital setting:
- Private, en-suite room
- Use of our exclusive patient recreational area including medical/ayurvedic spa, cafeteria, and garden
- Guest bed so a partner or parent can stay overnight
- Unrestricted visiting hours
- Free 24 hour car parking for family and friends
- Free Wi-Fi
- Unlimited complimentary tea and coffee for you and your family
- TV available in your room
- Appetising In-room dining menu
- On-site service to arrange additional amenities, often at discounted rates. Services available upon request, subject to availability. Please speak to your clinical team for more information.
Why is residential rehabilitation important?
- Physiotherapy is at its most effective when used intensively – what’s sometimes called the ’24 hour approach’. The brain and nervous system are highly adaptable and will respond to the demands placed upon them, but the essential thing is to ensure the correct demands are applied regularly, according to a daily and weekly plan of therapeutic exercise, devised by a physiotherapist.
- These exercises can be quite complex and tricky to remember, and for some, there’s always the possibility of a fall when doing balance exercises at home and unsupervised. For a lot of people, it makes sense to opt for an intensive daily therapy programme to get the best results. It’s sometimes the case that more improvements can be made by having daily treatments for 3 weeks, compared to a once-weekly session plus self-practice over 3 months. This is because self-practice may not make the changes in demand that the central nervous system needs.
- We take great care to assess each case in detail, and we will only recommend intensive therapy when it’s clearly the best treatment option to deliver the best results.
The team includes:
- Orthopaedics Physiotherapists
- Sports Physiotherapists
- Neuro Physiotherapists
- Children's Physiotherapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech and language therapists
- Rehab assistants
- Consultants in Rehabilitation Medicine
- Naturopathy consultants